Sunday, December 19, 2010

Leilani LOVES Alicia :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WOMAN!

Rewind four years, when we were celebrating your 26th birthday and your successful first semester of law school with some crazy-awesome-bootie-shakin'. Ha, ha! You are amazing. You are a champion. Everything you do, you do with a beautiful intensity. You are courageous, passionate, genuine, powerful, generous, and gorgeous.


I admire your ability to focus on what, and who, you love. I echo Jenn, look at these beautiful blue eyes! For you, there's always somewhere new to explore and always a another fascinating person to meet. I really like this about you, because you've shared with me many of the places and people that have enriched my life.



Rewind ten years, (yeah, ten!) to when I first met you in Hawaii and I was in awe of this balance in your relaxed/intense personality. You have a gift of confidence! You were instantly accepting, and so ready for all the surf/beach/hiking trips, and dance parties, and hours (days?) in the library. When we visited Na Pali for Thanksgiving 2001, you let me wear your shoes because mine were awful, and I can't even remember what you ended up wearing?!! You gave me your shoes! Seriously?!


Just look at yourself laughing! Look at your smile! What a light! You have helped me, and loved me, during some very dark times and some very bright times. Your desire and ability to communicate, sincerely and openly, have been so needed and saving and I thank you.


Fast forward to the present, where we all need you and love you! I knew we'd miss our Hawaii-days, I knew we'd miss our Provo-days, and I do! You let me paint a tree with red and orange leaves on a wall in your house. You let me drive your car. You let me meet and adopt your entire family. You compliment my butt, ha ha. You encourage me, you hope for me, you are my friend.


All your heart and all your light and all your shape and all your mind and all your everything - I love you. I'm so happy Tucker loves you. I'm so happy you're sharing your life with little Weston now too.


You are a very important WOMAN in my life. Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment